Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The new blogg

To friends, family, colleagues, and other readers:

I have just left Pittsburgh for a sabbatical that will last (with one small interruption) until I go back to work at the Pittsburgh Symphony next August 15 or thereabouts.  I plan to write to all of you at once through sogg's blogg to keep you apprised as to what I'm up to.  Pictures, too.

I say "I plan," since I don't want to promise anything.  Like a lot of bloggers, I'll probably start more gung ho than I end.  We'll all see.

Anyway, I'm taking advantage of free wifi and a 3-hour layover in Charlotte to start my blog.  Flight to Frankfurt is in an hour and a half, and from there to Dresden.  There, I'll be staying with the Weidner family for a few days while I find my own apartment.  (They'll also pick me up.)

On December 16, I have my first meeting with Professor Ottenberg and Dr. Zimmermann, who are running the project I'll be working on.  I expect we will be planning the upcoming tasks and my part in them -- tasks regarding manuscripts in the Saxony State Library which are being edited and prepared for publication.  Besides the bassoon concerti in the cache, which I have already worked with, I really don't yet know what is in there.  More when I know.

Now, I'm off to Frankfurt.  But to show you some of what I left behind to do all this, I will now attempt to upload a couple pictures.


D

No comments:

Post a Comment